WHO WE ARE
ecityrisk is a trusted global provider of Visual Business Intelligence for the insurance and financial services industries. We specialise in providing rapid and reliable information to inform critical business decisions before, during and after disasters.
Providing the true picture - ecityrisk is a leading authority in Visual Business Intelligence (VBI). VBI is developed using aerial photos, satellite imagery, data mining, advanced geospatial field survey techniques and web-GIS. The company draws on a decade of research and development by parent company ImageCat who has received recognition from the US government, UN, NASA and other international agencies.
WHAT WE DO
We are unique in providing the following range of services: Disaster response and field reconnaissance; data refining and enhancement; a databank and image library; and web-GIS and web-modelling solutions, to help:
- Re/insurers increase confidence in initial post-disaster loss estimates and avoid undue scrutiny, through using real-world damage characteristics to independently calculate ground-up loss and validate claims/modelled estimates
- Hedge fund managers secure a jump on the market with investment decisions, through using VBI gathered during reconnaissance missions in the hours after disaster strikes to determine the condition and BI status of process facilities
- Chief Underwriting Officers achieve a competitive advantage by taking exposure data quality control to a new level with advanced data cleansing and enhancement practices
- Actuaries, Modellers and Underwriters perform judicious exposure management, using web-GIS solutions to interrogate portfolio data spatially
- Catastrophe Modelling Companies and Brokers update model vulnerability functions and event sets for recent disasters using real world % damage states and event footprints
- Chief Risk Officers demonstrate best practice in disaster response and data quality control for rating agencies, investors and ERM accountability